- Iannone, Nancy McCrea and Stephanie Meredith, Diagnosis to Delivery: A Pregnant Mother’s Guide to Down Syndrome (download from DownSyndromePregnancy.org or order from Woodbine House). A booklet for expectant parents which addresses questions about pregnancy and about their baby’s future.
- Schermerhorn, Will, Down Syndrome: The First 18 Months (Woodbine House, 2004). DVD. An introduction to parenting a child with Down syndrome through interviews with parents and with experts.
- Schermerhorn, Will, Kids With Down Syndrome: Staying Healthy and Making Friends (Woodbine House, 2008). This follow up to Down Syndrome: The First 18 Months covers the many milestones of childhood, from walking to going to school.
- Skallerup, Susan, editor, Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents Guide, 3rd edition (Woodbine House, 2008). This new edition covers all aspects of caring for a baby with Down syndrome. Also available in Spanish.
- Buckley, Sue, Down Syndrome (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012). Covers living with Down syndrome at every stage of life by focusing on the experiences of real individuals and families.
- Cohen, William, Lynn Nadel, and Myra Madnick, editors, Down Syndrome: Visions for the 21st Century (Wiley-Liss, 2002). A compilation of essays from the 2000 NDSS conference.
- Cunningham, Cliff, Down Syndrome: An Introduction for Parents and Carers, 3rd edition (Souvenir Press, 2010). An updated introduction for parents, based on a study of more than 160 children with Down syndrome.
- Cuskelly, Monica, Anne Jobling, and Susan Buckley, editors, Down Syndrome Across the Life Span (Wiley, 2005). Brings together current research and best practices to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome.
- Gothard, Jan, Greater Expectations: Living with Down Syndrome in the 21st Century (Fremantle Press, 2011). A compilation of research and over 60 interviews covering all aspects of living with Down syndrome.
- Kreig, Maureen, A Time to Learn: A Guidebook for Parents and Professionals of Children with Down Syndrome (Outskirts Press, 2010). An overview of Down syndrome and Down syndrome resources, including a chapter of parent stories.
- Nancollas, Chris, Down’s Syndrome: The Biography (Darton Longman and Todd, 2011). The history of Down syndrome.
- Newton, Dr. Richard, The Down’s Syndrome Handbook: A Practical Guide for Parents and Carers (Random House, 2004). A guide written by a doctor and parent of a child with Down syndrome.
- Parker, James N. and Phillip M. Parker, editors, The Official Parent’s Sourcebook on Down Syndrome: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age, revised edition (Icon Health Publications, 2005). A comprehensive guide for parents on how to research topics related to Down syndrome.
- Pueschel, Siegfried, A Parent’s Guide to Down Syndrome: Towards a Brighter Future, Revised Edition (Brookes Publishing, 2001). A comprehensive guide to Down syndrome for parents covering all stages of life.
- Selikowitz, Mark, Down Syndrome: The Facts, 3rd edition (Oxford University Press, 2008). The author, a pediatrician, draws on his extensive experience with individuals with Down syndrome to provide a comprehensive guide for every stage.
- Wright, David, Down’s Syndrome: The History of a Disability (Oxford University Press, 2011). A medical historian covers the medical and social history of Down syndrome.