- Schermerhorn, Will, Down Syndrome: The First 18 Months (Woodbine House, 2004). DVD. An introduction to parenting a child with Down syndrome through interviews with parents and with experts.
- Schermerhorn, Will, Kids With Down Syndrome: Staying Healthy and Making Friends (Woodbine House, 2008). This follow up to Down Syndrome: The First 18 Months covers the many milestones of childhood, from walking to going to school.
- Skallerup, Susan, editor, Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents Guide, 3rd edition (Woodbine House, 2008). This new edition covers all aspects of caring for a baby with Down syndrome. Also available in Spanish.
- Groneberg, Jennifer Graf, Road Map to Holland: How I Found My Way Through My Son’s First Two Years With Down Syndrome (NAL Trade, 2008). A mother describes her emotional journey after the birth of her son with Down syndrome.
- Hampton, Kelle, Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected –A Memoir (William Morrow Paperbacks, 2013). A photographer and popular blogger (Enjoying the Small Things) reflects on her first year with her daughter with Down syndrome.
- Soper, Kathryn Lynard, editor, Gifts: Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives (Woodbine House, 2007). In this collection of personal stories, 63 mothers describe their experiences after the birth of their child with Down syndrome.
- Soper, Kathryn Lynard, editor, Gifts 2: How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich The World (Woodbine House, 2009). This sequel features essays from extended family members, friends, teachers, coaches, medical professionals, and others.