The Chicagoland chapter of Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome (D.A.D.S.) generally meets on the last Sunday of the month. Meetings feature lively discussion about such topics as education, individual development, finance, healthcare, advocacy, coping, as well as a myriad of other topics unique and important to raising a child with Down syndrome–not to mention the benefits drawn from “hanging out” with a room full of other fathers experiencing the exact same issues as you!
Our Mission is simple, but our impact is profound.
Come see what D.A.D.S. is doing in your community:
- enhancing a father’s knowledge and resources about children and individuals with Down syndrome
- helping to build personal advocacy skills
- helping families cope with the unique challenges of raising a child with Down syndrome
- creating a safe environment of support where men can openly share experiences
- building camaraderie and helping create genuine friendships between fathers and families of children with Down syndrome.
Please visit our website for the details of our next meeting: www.chicagoland-dads.org.