Happy Holidays to All:
While times have been difficult this past year, the National Association for Down syndrome has been working very hard to make things a little bit easier by helping those in our community.
As 2021 approaches, NADS will be celebrating its 60th year of service—Established in 1961. Yes, we are the oldest Down syndrome organization in the country!
Here is what NADS has to offer:
- Pre/Postnatal Parent Support for parents from the time of diagnosis through every stage of life.
- Answering and assisting to all calls and emails from across the country.
- Supporting 46 hospitals with Congratulations Baskets that are delivered to the doorstep.
- Providing support and resources to siblings, grandparents and caregivers.
- Printed materials in both English and Spanish, mailed to the home, and our website translated into 10 languages.
- Presentations by trained speakers, including Self-Advocates, to hospitals, schools, emergency teams and more.
- The Self-Advocates In Action (SAIA), is a group of adults whose focus is on service, leadership and advocacy. During the pandemic, we have been offering weekly zoom meetings to stay connected.
- Three “More Than Down Syndrome” workshops offered yearly to support those with a dual diagnosis.
All NADS programs are provided at no cost to participants and families. To sustain these programs, we would greatly appreciate your help.
During this time of giving, please consider supporting NADS and our mission:
To ensure that all persons with Down syndrome have the opportunity to achieve their full potential in all aspects of community life.
Your tax deductible gift will help us continue to educate, congratulate and spread our message.
Thank you for your kindness and support of the National Association for Down syndrome.