Down Syndrome Awareness Month is an annual designation observed in October. The National Down Syndrome Society started Down Syndrome Awareness Month in the 1980’s. Celebrate and raise awareness in your neighborhood by purchasing a Support Sign and displaying it in your front yard or window.
Yard signs are only $16 and will be shipped to your home or business!
Down Syndrome Awareness Month (DSAM) is a chance to spread awareness, advocacy, and inclusion throughout the community. During the month of October, celebrate individuals with Down syndrome and make people aware of their abilities and accomplishments.
21 Things You Can Do to Celebrate & Raise Awareness
- Purchase a Yard Sign from NADS and display it proudly in your yard for the month of October.
- NADS is active on Facebook. Join our page!
- Register, create a team, or join a team for the Chicago area Buddy Walks.
- Become a NADS member.
- Educate Your Friends, Family and Community
- Provide your local school or place of work a NADS Yard Sign.
- Share Information on your social media page about Down syndrome facts.
- Make a Donation to NADS
- Got Photos? Share them with NADS for our Newsletter Family Album Page. Photos can be submitted to email@example.com.
- Open an Illinois Able Plan.
- Share an inspiring video about Down syndrome advocacy on your social media.
- Volunteer for a committee.
- Register to attend the NADS Fashion Show on October 28th.
- Support our Basket Program for new parents.
- Provide a Copy of the Down Syndrome Health Care Guidelines to Your Physician
- Participate in our annual events – Fashion Show and Bowl-A-Thon & Family Fun Day
- GOT SWAG? Purchase some NADS Gear at www.nads.org/shop.
- Help NADS Fundraise.
- Inquire about joining the NADS Board of Directors
- Talk to your local school district about celebrating Down Syndrome Awareness Month & Down Syndrome Awareness Day (March 21st).