Welcome to Our New Welcome Basket Program
(Only Available in the Areas Listed Below)
Celebrate with a Welcome Basket!
- Deliver a basket of gifts and information for the family at the hospital
- Meet with the family at the hospital or later, when the time is right for them
- Offer connections in the area and through NADS
Each basket will include:
- Several books about Down syndrome
- Items for the baby and for the family
- Information from NADS and other local Down syndrome organizations
Welcome Basket Request Form
Medical practitioners, family members, or friends of the family may use this form to request a New Baby Welcome Basket be sent to parents of a newborn with Down Syndrome. You must first get permission from the parents to provide this information, and you will be contacted for confirmation before a request is fulfilled.
This program is currently available through the following Illinois hospitals in the greater Chicago area:
- Advocate Condell Hospital (Libertyville, IL)
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital (Barrington, IL)
- Centegra Hospital-McHenry (McHenry, IL)
- Centegra Hospital-Huntley (Huntley, IL)
- Evanston Hospital (Evanston, IL)
- Highland Park Hospital (Highland Park, IL)
- Lake Forest Hospital (Lake Forest, IL)
- Vista Hospital (Waukegan, IL)
- Adventist Medical Center Bolingbrook (Bolingbrook, IL)
- Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale (Hinsdale, IL)
- Adventist Medical Center La Grange (La Grange, IL)
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital (Downers Grove, IL)
- Advocate Sherman Hospital (Elgin, IL)
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center (Elk Grove Village, IL)
- Edward Hospital (Naperville, IL)
- Northwestern Medicine-Central DuPage Hospital (Winfield, IL)
- Northwestern Medicine-Delnor Hospital (Geneva, IL)
- Northwestern Medicine-Valley West Hospital (Sandwich, IL)
- Presence Mercy Medical Center (Aurora, IL)
- Rush Copley Medical Center (Aurora, IL)
- St. Alexius Medical Center (Hoffman Estates, IL)
This program is expanding, and we will be continuing to add hospitals to this list, so please check back later if you do not find your hospital listed.
Refer a new family to NADS
All expectant or new parents are also eligible to receive additional services through our Parent Support Program. Any hospital in the greater Chicago area can refer a new family to us by using our online referral form or by calling 630-325-9112. Parents can receive a welcome basket and can also be referred to NADS for additional services.
CLICK HERE to refer a new family to NADS.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at 630-325-9112 or email@example.com.