“Creating Life Long Learners!”
NADS 2018 Conference
Saturday, August 11, 2018/7:30 am – 4:30 pm
St. Ignatius College Prep located at 1076 West Roosevelt Road/Chicago, IL
Katie Driscoll — Keynote Speaker
Founder and President of Changing the Face of Beauty, a nonprofit that believes media and advertising can change perceptions of the disability community. Katie was named 2017 TODAY Style Hero, and one of Good House Keeping’s 2017 Awesome Women. She’s been featured on the Today Show, and in Huffington Post, People magazine, and other media publications. She believes the future of the disability community will be changed if companies value this enormous minority as a consumer in their advertising.
Kayla McKeon — Self-Advocate Keynote Speaker
Kayla serves as manager of grassroots advocacy for the National Down Syndrome Society including creating demand for employment for those with Down syndrome. She is the first registered lobbyist with Down syndrome in Washington. Her responsibilities include educating other about the demand for employment among those with Down syndrome and representing the organization on Capitol Hill.
Breakout sessions for families and professionals:
Conference attendees find numerous opportunities to broaden their knowledge about Down syndrome and expand their personal network of contacts.
Our 2018 Conference will offer sessions on a variety of topics:
- Speech & Language Support
- Reading & Writing Skills
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Dual Diagnosis
- Sibling Support
- Physical Therapy
- Nutrition, feeding and Oral Motor
- Legal and Future Planning
- ABLE Act
- Education and IEP’s
- Special Needs Yoga
Click here for Conference Presentation Descriptions: 2018 Conference Presentation Descriptions
Breakout sessions for Teen & Adults with Down syndrome:
- Workshops on health, nutrition and having an active lifestyle
- Opportunities for socialization through a variety of activities
- Dance social with a DJ
To register to attend, please click on the link below:
Don’t forget to order your NADS Swag! Easy to do, just add it to your registration!
Professional Development Hours:
You can earn the following Professional Development Hours for attending “NADS Creating Life Long Learners Conference:”
- Early Intervention (EI) credits
- Gateways Verified Hours for ECE Providers
Certificates and Feedback Forms will be available at the Education Table.
Scholarships/Stipends available from the following:
Arc of Illinois – Consumer Stipend Fund:
StarNet Family Fellowship & Professional Development Assistance & Arc of Illinois Stipend Fund:
- Cook County – https://www.starnetchicago.org/family
- Grundy, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Will, or South Suburban Cook County – http://www.swcccase.org/StarNet/default.htm#
- Northern Illinois – http://www.thecenterweb.org/starnet/funding.html
- Northwest and Central Illinois – http://starnet.org/home/fellowships-2/overview/
- Southern Illinois – http://roe.stclair.k12.il.us/starnet/content.php?q=Funding&PHPSESSID=23f0c354a00cd02cefd8b876278ae4b5
Please click on this link, if interested in Sponsorship Opportunities for this Conference:
Download specific Sponsorship information here: NADS Conference Sponsorships
Please click on this link, if interested in having an Exhibitor Table at this Conference:
Download Exhibitor Terms & Conditions here: 2018 Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
For more information, please contact the NADS office (630) 325-9112.